The relentless drive to use technology impacts on our customers, staff and suppliers - people! Not everyone is as enthusiastic about new technology as the ICT department. We can help you understand the impact of changes and get better buy-in from managers, enthuse users to adopt the benefits and communicate effectively with all your project stakeholders.
You’ve probably heard that data is the new oil! You aspire to have expert use of data to drive improvements whilst maintaining GDPR compliance, security and safety from cyber-attack. Many managers struggle to identify the data that it is used to drive performance indicators. We can help you visualise your information dashboard: whether as a strategic leader or operational delivery manager.
New technology is emerging every day. A smart ICT strategy that is aligned to your business plan is essential. We can help you develop a plan that fits your culture and can ensure you have the right software and systems to achieve your business benefits. We can connect board members & senior leaders with ICT professionals to ensure value for money, data security and better services.
Is your business plan driving your ICT strategy and investments or is it the other way around? Do you feel that operations and ICT are two teams divided by a different language? ICT is critical to service, requires large financial investment and can be complex and technical. We can help the business and ICT departments come together to achieve common objectives and value for money.
Imagine spending all your time and money on a new system project only for users to be disappointed and critical. User adoption is not just a matter of functional training. Staff want to be enthused. They have high expectations from their personal use of technology. We can help projects engage and involve users (and customers) to understand the vision and benefits of new software.
You see software at a trade show and want it now! How do you evaluate what you've seen against competitor products? How do you navigate the procurement maze? If you’re an ICT professional how do you influence your customers and plan to integrate into your existing product portfolio? We can help you make the right investment and involve your stakeholders in procurement decisions.
Developing an ICT strategy is more than programming a demanding list of requirements for business leaders. We can help you through the strategy cycle. This includes analysis, overarching principles, engagement and involvement of stakeholders, board decision making and programme planning whilst maintaining communications with your team, business users and customers.
A modern ICT team needs to be embedded within the culture of the rest of the business. Sometimes ICT professionals can be seen as different and reserved or defensive. We have experience of building customer-focused ICT teams underpinned by ITIL framework. We can work with teams to build soft skills to become self aware and facilitate better communication with customers and users.
If you have recently introduced new systems and software I’d like to speculate that you have been disappointed by the reporting available to leadership teams. When you saw the demo this was the feature that most attracted you the software. We can close the gap between your expectations and reality by helping you visualise and specify the data, information and insights you are looking for.
- Responsible for the development of the ICT / Digital Strategy to support the corporate strategy. Advise the Executive Team and Board on most appropriate solutions to achieve objectives.
- Turnaround of dysfunctional and under-performing ICT department into a respected service provider and enabler of strategic business projects and improvements.
- Led achievement of successful Investors in People award (2015).
- Completed major change programme (2013) in UK social housing sector provider. Direct support to Executive Team and Board for organisation-wide initiative spanning over a year
- Coordination and development of organisational mission, vision and objectives. Business planning, resource allocation and organisational design at Accent Group.
- Successful implementation of ICT/Digital strategy including integrated projects on customer contact, mobile working, self-service website and digital inclusion (2015/16).
- Senior sponsor of multiple projects covering IT services, process improvements, policy change, procurement and organisational structure. Advanced practitioner in Managing Successful Programmes.
- Coordination of agile deployment of 100 system / process improvements arising from requests for change from senior business users. Multiple upgrades of finance and housing systems.
- Previously responsible for major business process reengineering (BPR) of Human Resources functions in large local authority: recruitment & selection, managing absence and pay processing. Also managed similar implementation in large NHS Trust.
- Advanced practitioner of Management of Risk. Identification, assessment, and prioritisation of risks and deployment of resources to minimise, monitor, and control risks.
- Winners of HANA Award for best technology 2018 (Accent Housing)
- Member of social housing digital networks including Disruptive Innovators Network, MIS User Group Chair and 5-40 Club.
- Regular speaker at social housing events:
- Contributor to Shift! How to make channel shift happen in housing by Pippa Adams and Rob Walker (https://www.prodo.com/shift)
- MBA, Manchester Business School (graduated July 1999). Final stages specialised in: Management Consultancy and Customer Service, Quality and Customer Satisfaction.
- Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
- Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) – Advanced Practitioner
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) - Practitioner
- Management of Risk (MoR) – Advanced Practitioner
Last year I had a health scare resulting in cardiac angioplasty at LGI. It all appeared very straightforward and routine but I was amazed by the skill and professionalism of everybody. The technology was brilliant too! I am therefore championing the Take Heart - The Charity of the Yorkshire Heart Centre.
If you wish to have a no obligation and confidential discussion please get in touch. I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Connectology Ltd - Steve Dungworth - 07989 383531
People | Data | Tech